What Is MiniShare?
is a free web server software for Microsoft Windows. is a quick and easy way to share files dependless of if you have web hosting or not. The files you share are located on your computer and can be accessed by anyone using their web browser.
Latest version: MiniShare 1.5.5 ( installer) ( .zip)
Localized versions - Older versions
Donate money to the project
This version fixes a bug that makes MiniShare crash when bombed with new connections. It is a quick hack and originally was in the code before I rewrote the code for sending files. You can manually patch the source code by adding "Sleep(50)" after _beginthread(...) in the serverthread() function in the file server.c.
This is a quick hack and probably doesn't fix the issue entirerly but until someone writes MiniShare 2.0, it has to do.
This is a minor bugfix and most likely the last version ever. I will fix any security concerns that might appear but that's it. At least until I find inspiration to write MiniShare 2. Also, if someone wants to take over the project (which was the reason to make the project open source), I can help with any minor problems that could arise.
Thanks to all translators and everyone who sent their help and suggestions. Bye for now.
MiniShare 1.5.3 includes some bugfixes and increased performance. This version will most likely be the last version before nearly complete code rewrite.
The 1.5.1 release includes some useful features such as the possiblity to split log files into smaller files for each day and the possibility to select to which interface to bind the server, and the usual batch of bugfixes.
- Changed the file format for the file the shared file list is saved to.
- Fixed a bug that made the program use all of available CPU when waiting
for a connection to be reused.
- File attributes are now moved with the file when a file is removed.
- A banned address now accepts wildcards at any point (proper handling).
- Fixed some problems in the template engine:
* Broken IF-logic fixed.
* file.mime now returns the MIME type and not the file path.
- Log filename now substitutes %y, %m or %d for the current year, month
and day. Useful for log file rotation.
- Added proper handling for missing template files. [netgoalie]
- Added possibility to disregard connection keep-alive. [netgoalie]
- Added possibility to select which network interface to be bind to.
- Messageboxes can now be redirected to the log file.
MiniShare 1.5.0 is finally released, hopefully relatively bug-free. The biggest new thing is the template system, that makes it possible to modify the index listing, among other things (for example, making it possible to password protect the index page). We also have a new Hungarian translation, thanks to Documan.